She was a wife and a mother; a noble who took care of the poor.
Not only that, but she was one of the first ever Dominican tertiaries. She learned about the Order of St. Dominic from St. Hyacinth, one of St Dominic’s first disciples.
Learn from St Zdislava how to be a married person and yet still become a saint. Contrary to popular belief, marriage is not a hindrance to sainthood! Listen to today’s episode to find out more.
St Zdislava of Lemberka, pray for us.
Download the Episode Now! (Right Click to Download)
Show length: 08:55
- Her mother was a Mediterranean princess
- Zdislava grew up in northern present-day Czech Republic
- She would sneak out at night to help build a church
- She regularly took care of the poor and sick, housing them in her castle
- Havel, her husband, had a vision of her after she died
St. Zdislava is the perfect role model for the married – listen to today’s episode to find out more!
- Dominican Friars (Province of St Joseph) on St Zdislava
- Czech Dominicans site dedicated to St. Zdislava
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed our podcast, please leave us a review and make sure to let your friends and parishioners know about us.
Because making a podcast takes time and money, please consider donating to The Lives of the Saints.
May God reward your generosity!